Our People & Diversity
Succesful management of a modern mining operation is a complex undertaking requiring the contribution of many employees with a diverse range of experience, skills, education, and gender.
PT Agincourt Resources is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (recruit, hire, train, and promote persons) without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, especially for local origin.
In the operational activities, we engage more than 2,600 employees and contractors, with approximately 98% Indonesians, of which more than 70% were recruited from local people.
We recognise our talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Our people are one of the key factors for the success of our business. We are committed to seeking and retaining people with the highest qualities including skills, experience, motivation and attitude to ensure good business growth and performance.
We are proud of our commitment to Gender Diversity, a core part of our GREAT values – the values that define who we are, what we do, what we believe and what we aim to accomplish. We believe that diversity enriches our performance, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees.
We have started our journey towards a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. We have a strong commitment to increasing female participation at all levels and across all job types and disciplines in the workplace. Currently 22% of our workforce is female. By end of 2019, we aim to lift the participation rate to 25% females across the whole workforce (employees and contractors), including 40% Superintendent and Manager level roles with the company.
The aim of our program is to establish a pervasive culture across the organisation where diversity is embraced as the norm, where both women and men work positively and productively together to build a more successful company. The company has strived to embrace gender diversity in all aspects of its operation, by establishing a working culture and environment which is more supportive of gender diversity. Progress on Gender Diversity programs include:
- Implementation of the gender diversity policy
- Updated several company policies and integrated gender-related issues including those in recruitment, occupational health and safety, workplace facilities, and a very progressive maternity and paternity leave policy
- We continue to ensure women’s representation on key committees
- We seek the opportunity for women to serve on the board and in senior leadership roles
- Review of remuneration standards so that no ‘Gender Pay Gap’ exists for men and women in similar roles with similar performance, skills and experience
- Implementation of a policy to ensure a positive and productive workplace free of harassment and discrimination and enhanced by dignity and respect
- We strive to provide the best environment possible for a well-trained and diverse workforce.
Despite the challenges that remain, we have never been more optimistic about the prospects for progress in such a powerful and positive initiative for all of our employees.